Palais Daun-Kinsky is a unique palace wedding venue in Vienna for opulent functions and parties. Built between 1713 and 1719 and located in the heart of Vienna, in walking distance of the former imperial court and its famous Spanish Riding School and Sisi Museum, and very close to several renowned sightseeing spots like St. Stephen’s Cathedral, St. Peter’s Church, Kärntner Straße, Volksgarten or Rathaus. The baroque palace is perfect for intimate celebrations with up 30-60 guests, but can fit up to 80 people in its biggest room.
Thinking of its richly decorated event rooms, especially its oval dining room with its red walls, green and brown marble, golden details and ceiling fresco, this is one of our favourite venues for Christmas weddings, and generally for winter weddings, while it remains a perfect choice for an elegant and intimate destination wedding any time of the year.
Being serviced by the same catering team and pastry chefs from the famous Cafe Central at Palais Ferstel, the food and cakes are absolutely delicious, the level of professionalism and flexibility and the entire experience and service are top of the class.
- small weddings with up to 60 guests, with a legal or symbolic ceremony, cocktail hour, dinner and party, taking place in different event spaces, if all guests should be seated in the same room for dinner.
- maximum number of guests – 80
- welcome dinners or after-wedding brunches, birthday parties, baptisms, or any celebration for up to 60 guests, or even up to 80 guests, depending on the desired setup and event flow
Venue Type and Aesthetics
Beautiful 18th century historical palace with amazing baroque elements. Combines historical architecture with modern and luxurious comfort.
- Open all year for events.
- Since there are only indoor options, an event here is possible anytime, regardless of weather conditions.
- Barrier-free access
- Parking available only at external garage
- Easy to reach by taxi, metro, tram, horse carriage
- legal on the property
- religious at one of the churches nearby
- symbolic on the property
- Oval Ballroom – Dinner 80 / Cocktail 80 / Theatre 110
- Gentlemen’ Salon – Dinner 40 / Cocktail 40 / Theatre 56
- Ladies’ Salon – Dinner 32 / Cocktail 30 / Theatre 40
- Yellow Salon – Dinner 32 / Cocktail 30 / Theatre 80
- Red Reception Room – Cocktail 40
The palace does not offer accomodation, but there are plenty possibilities within walking distance
- in-house, delicious food with very flexible F&B options, provided by the same team from the famous Cafe Central
- delicious sweets can also be produced in-house at great prices, including the wedding cake
Event Timing and Technical Conditions
- no time limit, but windows must stay closed after 22:00
- Music and noise limitations – keep volume in the state rooms within reasonable limits
- Dancing – allowed in all event rooms
- Dance floor – not mandatory
- Smoking indoor – not allowed
- Real candles – allowed
- Confetti – only artificial petals allowed (indoor)
- Air conditioned
- The entire second floor of the palace is available for exclusive use: 5 rooms can be set up for different events during the wedding day.
- Perfect price/quality relation thanks to in-house catering and confectioner
The cost of an event here can comprise the following cost categories (prices 2021 in EUR, including VAT):
- Rental fee of the 2nd floor
- From 6000
- including cleaning, electricity, furniture, tableware, staff
- price can vary depending on event duration and needed setup and dismantling time
- additional costs for staff may incur, depending on the duration of event
- Basic furniture and tableware available in-house – included in the rental cost
- Special price for elopements and photo shoots:
- starting at 2000 Euro
Event Spaces at Palais Daun-Kinsky – a stunning palace wedding venue in Vienna
Recommended Minimum Budget for a Wedding at Palais Daun-Kinsky Vienna
This is a very generic minimum budget recommendation for a wedding day at Palais Daun – Kinsky Vienna. For more accurate cost estimations matching your requirements, get in touch to discuss your particular needs.
The amounts mentioned here are in EURO, including VAT, and can include some or all of the following cost categories. Actual costs will vary depending on quantity and quality of chosen services, equipment, food and drinks, and duration of the event.
- venue and catering budget including basic furniture, linens, tableware, staff, welcome drinks and canapes, 3-4 course dinner menu, basic beverage package during dinner, basic open bar package, simple wedding cake
- wedding vendor budget = minimum recommended spend for all other vendor categories: photo, video, entertainment, decoration, stationery, make-up and hair, local wedding day transportation, planning, design and coordination by High Emotion Weddings
Minimum total wedding budget from 70.000
Minimum total wedding budget from 100.000
Vienna city center, Austria
Vienna International Aiport (VIE): 30 minutes drive (20 km/12.4 miles)
Walking distance to renowned sightseeing spots, like Hofburg, Rathaus, Volksgarten, St. Stephen’s Cathedral, State Opera House, Belvedere Museum
Already dreaming of a wedding at Palais Daun Kinsky Vienna?
We can’t wait to hear all about your vision and discuss options. We’ll be happy to come up with a custom cost estimation once we know more about you and your wedding. Fill out our contact form and we’ll get back to you in no time!