Splendido Mare – a Belmond hotel situated just in front of the Portofino harbor, blending a nautical spirit with relaxed sophistication. The hotel is located right in the heart of Portofino’s Piazzetta, which echoes with the footsteps of legendary stars, from Ava Gardner to Jackie O. While each of its 14 rooms has its own flair, they all add up to a unitary look and feel, where authentic artisanal details have been thoughtfully curated to achieve that hint of a dolce vita decadence.
Own photos + photos via belmondpro.com
- full wedding weekends, with all or some of the events taking place on-site
- weddings with up to 120 guests, with a legal ceremony at the town hall or Castello Brown, or religious ceremony at one of the nearby churches, the cocktail hour, dinner and party, taking place at the DaV Mare Restaurant.
- welcome dinners or after-wedding brunches, birthday parties, baptisms, or any celebration for up to 120 guests, depending on the desired setup and event flow
- welcome dinners or after-wedding brunches for weddings with up to 90 guests taking place at the Belmond Splendido Portofino
- accommodation and getting-ready photos for couples having their wedding at this or another venue
Venue Type and Aesthetics
- Privately owned luxury hotel within in a historical building, refurbished and redesigned, opened 2021.
- Featuring exquisite architectural and interior design details.
- Combines historical architecture with modern and luxurious comfort.
- Available for partial or exclusive rental
- Open April to November for accommodation and events.
- Considering weather conditions on the Italian Riviera, the best time to have an event at the hotel is between May-October.
- Also possible, but with the risk of colder and rainier weather: April and November
- Due to the historic nature of the property, some areas are not completely appropriate for guests with restricted mobility. In any case, the hotel team is at complete disposal to provide any assistance required.
- Easy to reach by taxi, airport transfer service, or helicopter to Rapallo – 5 minutes away by car
- Free shuttle to Belmond Hotel Splendido Portofino
- legal at the local Town Hall or Castello Brown
- religious at one of the nearby churches, the closest being Church of San Martino with a capacity of 250 guests
- symbolic on the property
- DaV Restaurant (terrace) with the seated capacity for up to 120 guests – can be used in case of a buyout of the hotel
- Ava Gardner Suite Terrace with a capacity of up to 30 guests standing / 10 seated
- Can accommodate up to 28 people in:
- 3 rooms
- 11 suites
- Each room is unique and named to reflect the connection with Hollywood icons, local wonders and nautical adventures, and features.
- The Ligurian charm of the rooms and suites is enhanced by carefully curated mid-century antiques capturing the essence of the dolce vita. Elements such as rope, natural woods and brass reflect a seafaring heritage, while splashes of colour from Portofino’s particular palette of amber, olive and coral enliven different rooms.
- The highlight is the Ava Gardner Suite, with its central position and beautiful terrace featuring unique views of the harbor and Castello Brown.
- In-house dining, bar and gelato parlour:
- DaV Mare Restaurant run by Executive Chef Roberto Villa combines the traditional techniques of an Italian nonna with the mastery of a family with three Michelin stars to their name.
- DaV Mare Bar
- Gelateria San Giorgio
- Food and drinks for one wedding dinner starting from approx. 380 €/person
- 1 hour welcome drinks and canapes
- 3-course dinner menu
- wedding cake and small sweets
- wines, water, coffee during dinner
- 2 hours of open bar – spirits, cocktails, beer, soft drinks
Event Timing and Technical Conditions
- Smoking indoor – not allowed
- Real candles – allowed
- Air conditioned
- Acqua di Parma products
- Free shuttle for guests staying at the Splendido Mare
- to Splendido Portofino
- to Bagni Fiore at Paraggi Beach
- The facilities at Splendido Portofino can be used free of charge by guests staying at the Splendido Mare
- Outdoor salt water heated swimming pool
- Private secure parking
- Tennis court
- Golf court available in Rapallo – 15 minutes by car
- partial rental – for small events of up to max 30 people standing / 10 seated on the terrace of the Ava Gardner Suite
- exclusive rental – for events with up to 120 guests on the terrace of the DaV Mare Restaurant in case of a buyout of the hotel
Pricing Structure 2022
- Rental fee for exclusive use of the hotel can only be calculated on demand – starting from 19.800 € per night
- Rental fee for exclusive use of DaV Mare – from 10.000 €
Ava Gardner Suite Terrace
- 30 standing
- 10 seated
Can be used only when booking accommodation for 2 in the Ava Gardner Suite.
Photo via belmondpro.com
DaV Mare Restaurant Terrace
- 120 seated
Can be used exclusively only in case of a buyout of the hotel.
Photo via belmondpro.com
Photos via belmondpro.com
Recommended Minimum Budget
This is a very generic minimum budget recommendation a buyout for 2 nights, with one main wedding day and potentially one smaller event at this venue. For more accurate cost estimations matching your requirements, get in touch to discuss your particular needs.
The amounts mentioned here are in EURO, including VAT, and can include some or all of the following cost categories. Actual costs will vary depending on quantity and quality of chosen services, equipment, food and drinks, and duration of the event.
- venue and catering budget including basic furniture, linens, tableware, staff, welcome drinks and canapes, 3-4 course dinner menu, basic beverage package during dinner, basic open bar package, simple wedding cake
- wedding vendor budget = minimum recommended spend for all other vendor categories: photo, video, entertainment, decoration, stationery, make-up and hair, local wedding day transportation, planning, design and coordination by High Emotion Weddings
Elopement for 2
Minimum total wedding budget from 40.000
including 3 nights in the Ava Gardner Suite
Minimum total wedding budget from 300.000
including 2 nights accommodation for up to 28 people
Portofino, Liguria, Italian Riviera
37 km – 45 minutes from Genoa International Airport
15 minutes by helicopter + car from Rapallo
Already dreaming of a wedding at Belmond Splendido Mare?
We can’t wait to hear all about your vision and discuss options. We’ll be happy to come up with a custom cost estimation once we know more about you and your wedding. Fill out our contact form and we’ll get back to you in no time!